If you are a member of the general public concerned about Coronavirus, you can read the latest NHS advice by clicking here.
NHS 111 has an online Coronavirus service that can tell you if you need medical help and advise you what to do.
NHS 111 Online Service
If you think you may have Coronavirus – Do not go to a GP surgery or hospital. Follow NHS 111 advice and self-isolate.
Beckington Family Practice would like to thank our patients for your ongoing vigilance and care during the Covid-19 pandemic.
Changes to GP services
GP services have been given a mandate from the NHS to reorganise their services to ensure that patients continue to receive a service. You may already have noticed that we are no longer offering pre-bookable face to face appointments. Instead, a phone call or video consultation takes place first. If necessary you will then be asked to attend for a face to face appointment.
GP services are being reorganised so that patients, who may have COVID-19, are kept separate from patients, who don’t. For example, we are continuing to provide childhood immunisations and it is important this takes place in an environment as free from contamination as possible.
What can you expect when you come to the surgery to see a doctor or nurse?
- All our doctor and nurse appointments are pre-arranged by phone.
- Please do not attend unless you have been given a face to face appointment.
- Please read and follow the guidance on our external doors.
- We may ask you to wait in the carpark and the doctor or nurse will phone you on your mobile when they are ready to see you.
- The doctor or nurse seeing you will be wearing PPE (personal protective equipment).
- We would prefer patients to wear a face covering when attending the surgery.
- Sanitising hand gel is provided and we encourage all patients to use this when entering and leaving the surgery.
Please order medicines as normal. There is no need to stockpile medicines. Ordering extra prescriptions and buying more over-the-counter medicines than you need, will contribute to disruption to the medicines supply chain, which is otherwise robust.
Repeat medication can be requested online via Patient Access, over the phone 01373 867987 between 12:00 and 15:00 or repeat scripts posted into the box in the foyer at Beckington surgery.
Please allow 7 days for all repeat medication requests. This is due to the increased demand and physical contact restrictions to protect staff in our dispensary.
Collection of medication at Beckington Surgery – Only two patients are allowed to wait at any time in the waiting room and we would prefer you to wear a face covering. Please keep other patients and staff safe and keep at least 2m distance to others. The dispensary is open Monday to Friday 8:30-12:00 and 15:00-18:30.
Online Bookable Appointments
Please note this service is temporarily unavailable.